The National Association of Real-Estate Brokers (NAREB)
Two Million New Black Homeowner Initiative
includes the following five key points:
1. The Initiative, created by NAREB President Ron Cooper, is a five-year programmatic effort that will grow and expand under the next three presidents of NAREB.
2. The Initiative will be data driven, marking the beginning of a comprehensive database created and managed by NAREB. This database will measure metrics concerning black home buyers, black real-estate professionals and macro and micro-economic trends in the black community.
3. The Initiative’s programs include the following activities that support NAREB’s mission of Democracy in Housing:
4. The Initiative’s tag line is “Black Homeownership Matters” signifying the importance of homeownership, financial stewardship, asset accumulation and equity building in the black community.
5. Measurement of the Initiative’s progress will focus on victories such as: